68 Catamount Park, Ste. B, Middlebury, VT 05753   |   (802)-388-6748 ext. 3037    |   pam.stefanek@vt.nacdnet.net

History

The OCNRCD organized in 1941 to ‘exercise public powers in connection with soil conservation and erosion control’. The District has been active for those seventy four years working with landowners to voluntarily change their practices in a manner which will reduce erosion. In the last fifteen plus years the OCNRCD has supported 1,000 acres of planted riparian buffer with animal exclusion. These accomplishments have results from working effectively with conservation partners.